Scopely Promotion Terms & Conditions
Purchase may be required for other promotions that are not sweepstakes
Tournament play is for entertainment only and part of regular game play
- General Terms & Conditions. The following rules apply generally to Scopely, Inc. (“Scopely”) touchscreen entertainment Promotions (“Promotions”) that are available through its game apps (“Apps”). Because Scopely runs a wide variety of Promotions, at times some rules may not be applicable and/or additional rules may apply. In such cases, where such changes are not noted in these rules, changes will be announced in-App with separate or additional written rules attached to these rules. In some cases, Scopely may direct players to a website location for additional rules pertaining to a specific Promotion.
THESE ARE CURRENT SCOPELY GAMES:
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival™
Yahtzee® With Buddies
Dice With Buddies™
Mini Golf MatchUp™
- Promotion Dates and times. All Promotions begin and end dates and times will be stated within the specific App notice (“Notice”). All entries must be received during the promotion period. If a Notice merely states the end date and time, the Promotion begins when you receive the Notice. In some cases, Promotions will only last for a few hours or minutes. All times will be listed in Pacific (California) Time.
- Sponsor: All Scopely Promotions are sponsored by Scopely, Inc., 3530 Hayden Avenue, Suite A, Culver City, CA 90232 (“Sponsor”). Additional sponsors, if any, will be announced by Scopely.
- Entrant Eligibility. Promotions are open to English speaking adults who are the age of majority, and for whom these Promotions are otherwise available to them, legally or otherwise. These Promotions are void wherever they are prohibited. Employees of Scopely, its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of any Scopely Promotion, as well as each parent corporation, subsidiary and affiliated company (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in any Scopely Promotion.
- Game Eligibility. Unless you are otherwise redirected in the App Notice, these rules apply to all Promotions administered by Scopely. In some cases, the App Notice will redirect you to another set of rules, terms or conditions.
- How to Enter. Enter by following the relevant in-App instructions.
- Promotion Formats (how to win). Scopely offers promotions in several forms:
- Enter to Win Sweepstakes. An enter-to-win Promotion means just that: enter and you will be eligible to win. Follow the Notice instructions to enter for your chance to win the prize listed in the Notice. Try your luck by simply entering the promotion according to the App Notice. Enter-to-Win Sweepstakes are free to enter and an alternate method of entry is not available.
- Fast Play Sweepstakes. Players participate in any Fast Play game while during the period of time stated will be automatically entered to win a random bonus roll.
- Defeat a Dice Master. Players challenge dice masters and are automatically entered to win bonus rolls if they defeat the dice master.
- Purchase to Win (“PTW”) Sweepstakes. Each time you purchase the qualifying products, goods, or services outlined in the App Notice (up to the number of times listed in the Notice), you will be automatically entered to win the prize described in the Notice. To enter, follow the App Notice instructions to complete your purchase, or to enter without making a purchase, follow the “Alternate Method of Entry” instructions listed in the next numbered paragraph below. Examples of PTW Sweepstakes
- i. Sweepstakes Bag purchase to win
- ii. Bonus Roll purchase to win
- iii. Currency grab purchase to win
- iv. Unlock purchase win
- Tournament. A tournament is not a sweepstakes, it is a game played for skill and fun, and fees may be assessed without providing an alternate method of entry. The winner of a tournament will receive a prize. Tournament play is for entertainment purposes only and part of game play.
- Tournament Giveaway. A tournament giveaway is a game played for skill and fun, and fees may be assessed without providing an alternate method of entry. The winner of a tournament will receive a prize. Tournament play is for entertainment purposes only and part of game play. From time to time Sponsor will randomly give a small prize of negligible value to winners of tournament play.
- Gift with Purchase. To receive your gift, make a purchase of a qualifying item listed in the Notice and receive a special promotion gift.
- Special Purchase Offer. A special purchase offer
- Scratchers. Purchase scratchers by following the instructions in the App Notice. You may also earn scratcher for free through game play.
- Tournament Sweepstakes. Enter for limited time offers for free tournament entries plus a chance to win Bonus Rolls.
- ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY. The Alternate Method of Entry applies to sweepstakes only and is not available for other promotions. If you are entering a sweepstakes in which the entry method requires a monetary payment, and you wish to do so without making a purchase, you may do so by following the instructions below. You are allowed the maximum number of entries that any entrant who made a payment is allowed, but you must enter each time and your entries must not be automated.
- The Walking Dead: Road to Survival. Alternative Method of Entry with regards to The Walking Dead: Road to Survival must be entered by completing this survey.
- Yahtzee with Buddies. Alternative Method of Entry with regards to Yahtzee With Buddies must be entered by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your date of birth, name of the sweepstakes, the date of the sweepstakes, and the username and email address that is connected to the App.
- Dice With Buddies. Alternative Method of Entry with regards to Dice With Buddies must be entered by sending an email to email@example.com with your date of birth, name of the sweepstakes, the date of the sweepstakes, and the username and email address that is connected to the App.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS. FOR TOURNAMENT AND SWEEPSTAKES ONLY.
- Tournament. If you have participated in a tournament, you will be notified of your standing and the winner at the close of the tournament, in App.
- Sweepstakes. If you have entered a sweepstakes, the drawing will take place within 72 hours after the promotion ends. Winners will be notified publicly in the game, via public forums, or using an inbox message, as outline in the Notice.
- PRIZES. The prize will be listed in the App Notice (“Prize Package”). All Prize Packages are digital in nature and have only entertainment value. These prizes are not transferable and have no cash value whatsoever. They are for entertainment purposes for further enjoyment within the particular game.
- ODDS. For any sweepstakes, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: ALL WINNERS ARE POTENTIAL WINNERS UNTIL SPONSOR DETERMINES ELIGIBILITY STATUS. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if an entrant does not comply with the Official Terms & Conditions, then the Winner will be disqualified. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem said prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and/or any Promotions Entities to use said winner’s name, and in some cases, his or her photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
- PROMOTION CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.Any Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in any Promotion or these Official Terms & Conditions. Winner and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion, or (ii) printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose (unless sponsor provides the prize winner with written warranties). Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or acts of any government or authority.
- RESTRICTIONS. The Prize Package consists of only those items specifically described as part of the prize in the Notice by the Sponsor. Sponsor may at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion provide different prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor shall not be liable to any winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (2) technical failures of any kinds; (3) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (4) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Promotion and to select a potential winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
- JURY TRIAL WAIVER. Except as prohibited by law and as a condition of participating in this promotion, entrant hereby waives any right he/she may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this promotion, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS/WINNER(S) LIST. Terms and conditions are available at scopely.com/rules, or wherever designated on the landing screen for the specific Promotions. Winners list becomes available after completion of Promotion and will remain up for 120 days and you may write to Sponsor at the address below to request a copy of a winners list. To do so, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope (WA residents excluded), and request the name of the winner (you will receive the screen name for privacy purposes) for a particular promotion. You must include the date of the promotion and the game title.
- SPONSORS. Scopely, Inc., 3530 Hayden Avenue, Suite A, Culver City, CA 90232